TEncoder taking too long while adding files

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Edited Aug 28, 2013 at 2:54 AM
First of all.. thank you!! GREAT software!! Using it now on windows transcoding my DSLR footage to prores.. MUCH better to edit in Premiere Pro.

I was wondering why the program takes too long to add files to the queue?? Odd isn't it? I mean, EVERY other software I tried it only takes a second.. of course I'm using TEncoder cause it's the best regarding speed and functionality! It's just that ONE thing that is annoying! I figure it can be fixable right?

Thanks again!! Hope you have the time to answer :)

EDIT: Wow.. I imported a folder tree and it just took a couple of minutes.. :S I'm confused.. when I imported only files it used to take long time... hehe, any ideas?
Coordinator
Sep 7, 2013 at 2:54 AM
It's indeed strange. Well, all three methods use the same code that adds a file to the list. It might sound strange but when adding files from a directory for second time or more later, I see speed improvements but I'm not sure if this is the case. It might be something to do with OS (mine is Win7 64bit). Try it yourself, add a different folder for the first time, and try adding it later. In my experience -I'm not sure tho, it might be completely wrong- second time is faster.